Yandex makes every effort to protect the data that's stored on our servers. There are additional measures you can take to prevent unauthorized access to your Yandex ID.
If you sign in to Yandex ID with a username or email address and password
Make your password complex. Change the password:
- If you think that someone might have figured it out.
- If Yandex detects suspicious activity and asks you to change it.
- Just to be safe — at least once a year.
- Link your phone number to Yandex ID and enter your real first name and last name. You can quickly restore access if something happens.
- Add a recovery email address.
- Use two-factor authentication.
If you sign in to Yandex ID with a phone number and confirmation via SMS
- Make sure that no one else can access your phone.
- As a precaution, link your email address to Yandex ID and create a password.
Learn more about securing your Yandex ID in Help .